Friday, July 22, 2005

When I grow up I wanna be a kid, I wanna have some fun and stay forever young

Okay, so I'm already a kid - guess I'll have to set some new goals. Today I reached 40! Leading up to it has been kind of scary. I had kind of been making it into a big deal. But now that it's here I'm embracing it. I really don't have too many complaints. I'm in better shape now than I've ever been (no way I could have practiced ultimate for 2 1/2 hours in 90 degree heat and 70% humidity back when I was 20, but I did it Monday). I have the most supportive group of friends that I have ever had. I have a great family that I get to see grow and that grows with me.

Is everthing perfect - definitely not. But I look forward to continuing the journey toward being the person I can be and improving the areas of my life that need improving and further strengthening the areas that are already good.

Besides, after seeing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, I think I might have already identified a new career path - Oompa-Loompa. Very cool job. You get to make up and perform snarky songs about bratty kids! Plus you live in a world of chocolate and sweets. I think I'm about the right size for the job, just need to work on my choreography some.

Olsen Twins / Toys (When I Grow Up)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU DISCO KING YOU!!!

11:19 AM  
Blogger chewie said...

Never would have guessed you're 40. Way to go, man. And happy Birthday.

12:15 PM  
Blogger ML said...

So sorry I missed the party and getting to help you celebrate. Having neighbors is a bigger obligation than I first imagined.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Rex said...

Hey ROB! 40 hugh, sweet! I was in Roanoke last night :) And may be in DC the week of Aug 15th to do some training? If so, we should go to the ultimate clinic on Monday (if it is every Monday). Let me know and I'll keep you updated about work travel plans.

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Robert, Happy Big 4-0. I knew it was your birthday the other week but didn't realize it was one of the milestones. You don't look 40 at all, and as your blog indicates you don't feel it either I guess (although coming from someone who turned 54 a couple of weeks ago feeling 40 is not at all a bad thing). May you have many more happy decades.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home