Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Get your bags together, go bring your good friends too

Here's an update of life since my last post:

Friday night was a relaxing evening at the pool with Karyn and the girls - it was our first time back this summer. The girls quickly got back to where they had been at the end of last year and Mattie even made it off the low dive for the first time (Grace went off the high dive and Haley did the slide)!

Saturday I took the girls along to the Homeplace to bid farewell to Kris and Rob. It was a good time with great friends and food. Even though I'm sorry to see them move away, I wish Kris and Rob the best as they follow their bliss. Glad we have blogs, email, im, and our cruise director to keep us close! I also took the girls to poker night at Joel's (MENUUUUUDO, TELEMUUUUUUNDO) - they didn't play, they were just excited to be able to watch Disney (we don't have it). Although, maybe I should have let them play while I watched TV - they probably wouldn't have lost as much change as I did. I was ready to leave before they were. We also got to watch a video of Jilian's Mom - I think I'll leave the subject matter to everyone's imagination...

Sunday the girls made me breakfast (not in bed, since I was up before them) for Father's day. My mother-in-law came for a visit and we all went out to one of my favorite restaurants (Norberto's) for dinner. My mother-in-law got a real kick out of it when the waiter carded me...

Tonight I decided to go to a political fundraiser. I'm not much into partisan politics, but I do love political speeches - I know, I'm sick. Howard Dean was in town and so I decided to go hear him speak. He and the other speakers did a good job. I really like being part of a crowd like that and hearing someone that gets the audience going like Dean does. Such speaches make you feel like going out and changing the world. They give you hope and optimism that you can make a difference. For the record and to show that I'm fair and balanced in my reporting, I saw Reagan speak one time and felt the same way (yes, I'm that old). Clinton was the best that I've heard in person.

That's it for the update - hope you are having a good week.

10,000 Maniacs (Cat Stevens) / Peace Train

1 Comments:

Blogger Rex said...

MenUUUUUUUUUUUUUdoooooooooooo.

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home