Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Sing, Sing a Song

Most of you reading this know how much music is a part of my life, well here are some lyrics from songs that are currently striking a chord with me - please let me know what songs are resonating with you these days...
  • it's better to be hated for who you are, than loved for someone you're not - Van Zant/Help Somebody
  • I'm sitting in traffic for the 5th year in a row, wasting my time just to get where I don't even wanna go. I started jotting things down on a Krispy Kreme sack; everything I'd do if I could leave this place, never look back - Terri Clark/I Wanna Do It All
  • Hey now now, the smallest things are crushing me now - The Cloud Room/Hey Now Now
  • Is it getting better, or do you feel the same - U2/One
  • If u don't like the world you're living in, take a look around u, at least u got friends - Prince/Let's Go Crazy

I could list many others, but I'll stop here. And yes, my musical tastes are pretty eclectic. I've even started to add a bit of country to the mix...

The Carpenters/Sing

5 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

If life seems jolly rotten,
There's something you've forgotten,
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps,
Don't be silly chumps.
Just purse your lips and whistle. That's the thing.
And...

Always look on the bright side of life....

Maybe a movie night would be good. :)

8:51 PM  
Blogger Rae Ann said...

Maybe you can visit my Lyrics of the Moment blog where I post the songs that fit my mood at the moment. Thanks for visiting my Hoe blog!

8:40 AM  
Blogger chewie said...

These days:

And all the backdoors are calling so loudly...
Plankeye: Scared of Me

Pull the shades let it rain all day
Radio station plays Mr. Miles Davis
Cold and Grey, it's gonna rain all day
Sarah Vaughan linkers on, but the black coffee's gone
Primitive Radio Gods: Ghost of a Chance

A classic: "Showed her and I told her how she struck me but I'm f&*^d up now"
Red Hot Chili Peppers: I could have lied

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hummm...This is in no way a good example of what is going on in my brain lately, but maybe it'll show just how busy my mind is with thoughts and feelings. I didn't include lyrics just titles...

Life is a highway
An Affair to Remember
I don’t want to work
Don’t want to change my pants
Let’s get it started
I’m here for the party

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello,

you don't know me, but i am desperately looking for the lyrics to the cloud room - hey now now. i can't find them anywhere. if you happen to know them or have a way to find them i would be forever grateful, stranger :)

-rabbit

iamgravitysick@hotmail.com

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home