Monday, July 11, 2005

I’ll be making the most of summertime crazy nights and lazy days

Whoever came up with the expression "lazy days of summer" wasn't living my life! Here's a rundown of what I've been up to lately:
  • June 27th - participated in an ultimate frisbee clinic, walked around the Mall
  • June 29th - headed home from NoVa to celebrate Karyn's birthday
  • June 30th, July 1st - packed and headed to Wisconsin, spending the night in Champaign (Illinois that is)
  • July 2nd - Ran a personal best 10k of 46:17.8 (Joel - I think you might be onto something with the not sleeping before a race), went canoeing, attended a picnic
  • July 3rd - Attended a Mississippi River festival and jumped on a trampoline/bungee thing, attended a picnic
  • July 4th - Attended a picnic (sensing a theme here? - I think I gained 10lbs in Wisconsin), watched fireworks
  • July 5th & 6th - headed home from Wisconsin, spending the night in Kentucky (who knows where, it was 4am when we stopped)
  • July 7th - played ultimate frizbee during a monsoon and realized I don't know squat about how the game is really played
  • July 8th & 9th - took my daughters camping at Claytor Lake State Park (hot dogs, smores, the works!)
  • July 10th - the whole family spent the day at the Salem Fair riding rides, eating junk and observing very scary people
  • July 11th - Drove to NoVa, worked, participated in another ultimate frisbee clinic, walked around the Mall

Looks like I've come full circle with my activities list - time to quit (the list, not the activities). I hope everyone else is having a good summer - from the blogs it sure sounds like it.

ASIA / Summer

3 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

it is good to relax. :)

6:25 PM  
Blogger Rex said...

Man, what a summer! I should make a list, would have to find the time though. Think I'll rock climb instead...

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think someone under the age of 20 made up the saying lazy days of summer...oh to be free of worry and bills in the summer!

Glad your summer is going well!

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home