Wednesday, October 19, 2005

On your journey cross the wilderness, From the desert to the well, You have strayed upon the motorway to hell

"Stood still on a highway
I saw a woman
By the side of the road
With a face that I knew like my own
Reflected in my window
Well she walked up to my quarterlight
And she bent down real slow
A fearful pressure paralysed me in my shadow
She said 'son what are you doing here
My fear for you has turned me in my grave'
I said 'mama I come to the valley of the rich
Myself to sell'
She said 'son this is the road to hell'"
Chris Rea / The Road to Hell (Part 1)

Well I had my "interview" today and was offered a job. Another company also indicated today, that I should be expecting an offer in the near future. No clear choice has emerged (I hate that). Decisions, decisions.

Very funny true story
I received an email today from Lands' End regarding a recent order that I placed for an organization. The order only had a PO Box and they needed a physical address in order to ship. Well, I replied to the service rep that I had provided the shipping address when I placed the order, but that I would be happy to provide it again and did so. I received the following reply:

From: name deleted to protect the not so innocent
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 10:57 AM
To: me
Subject: RE: Lands' End Order # xxxxxx

Thank you for your response. I apologize for the incontinence.

name deleted to protect the not so innocent
Sales Consultant
Lands' End Business Outfitters


To make matters even funnier, I forwarded the email to my wife. She replied as follows:

Maybe she peed on the original order, and it smudged the mailing address?!?!

Only she didn't reply to me she replied to the Sales Consultant at Lands' End.

6 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

Congratulations

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Real Key to Finding Right Neighborhood May Lie in Blogs
Go back to the Home Page By now, you have probably heard of Weblogs, those online diaries where ... One of the biggest real estate blogs is Curbed.com, a site devoted to New York, created by Lockhart Steele, a 31-year-old journalist.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Rex said...

Stupid Blog Spam!

Good story, looking forward to seeing you back in the Burg soon :)

6:40 AM  
Blogger ML said...

Oh that is hilarious!! I know your girls will be just as excited as you are to be back closer to home.

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, r.m. I seem to have stumbled onto your blog while I was searching for new energy drink related sites. However, I am glad that I stopped by this post because there was a lot of good stuff here. I really enjoyed reading your blog, and I hope that you will stop by mine sometime. Take care!

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

r.m, I really liked reading you blog. I hope you post more soon. I just happened across this post while I was seaching for more information about healthy energy drink sites. Although I see why I happened across you site when I typed in healthy energy drink, it wasn't exactly what I was looking for - but I am still glad that I stopped in. Keep up the good work!

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home