Monday, November 15, 2004

A little voice inside my head said never look back

Strange weekend.

Went to a farewell dinner hosted by my former CRT co-workers. It was nice - good to see everyone again - but I was reminded of the good times that the group used to have and how close we used to be. We've all definitely moved on from those times, so it was a little sad and awkward, too. We wrapped things up by 7pm (a group that used to stay out together until the morning hours).

Luckily, K and I decided to call on some new friends (hey, we had the babysitter until 11:30 - we weren't just going to go home at 7pm) to see if they wanted to hang out. J, M & A met us at the Rivermill for a few drinks and some great conversation. It helped put me in much better spirits. I really hope to do a better job of maintaining friendships and building new ones.

Saturday I took G & M to a birthday party (K took H to another one). Then I went to a birthday party for a college buddy. He has a great place at the lake - I'll admit it, I'm jealous. I only wish the party had been in the summer so that I could have finally tried out a jet ski and could have done some water skiing again. It was good seeing some familiar faces from the past. The party got kind of weird toward the end, very junior high schoolish in some ways (girls crying, people leaving, etc.). Plus I got involved in heated political discussions that kind of put a damper on things. Oh well...

Sunday M & G sang in church. I played Scrabble with G for the first time - we tied ;) I also rough-housed with the three of them. We had a blast!

This week is my last in the bunker...

1 Comments:

Blogger ML said...

Honestly, I'm glad your party ended early, it was great to hang out with you guys on Friday night. As for the high schoolish party, more and more I'm convinced that when we see people from our past, we often revert back to that maturity level. When I am home with my sisters, I act like I'm 13 again. Last Christmas my sister and I got yelled at for wrestling in the kitchen. Then two of my other sisters got in a peanut butter fight, really mature. Gosh, your girls are multi-talented. Keep them playing Scrabble, there is nothing better than being good at a game like scrabble and putting boys in their place when you play them at such games!!

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home