Friday, October 01, 2004

The Joy of ...

Fatherhood. Okay, so parenting, as Dubya might say, is "hard work". But two recent events have reiterated the positive aspects for me:

Last Saturday I got to take the girls (all 3) to a skating party. It was fun having an excuse to go roller skating again and they all had a good time and did pretty well. We skated at the same rink that I used to skate at as a kid (I think they have the same carpeting around the rink) and it brought back so many memories. Skating in the disco era (anyone else remember Olivia Newton John in the movie Xanadu?) was such a blast!

This morning I let the missus sleep in and got the girls up and off to school. As an incentive to get them to move quickly, I told them we could have breakfast at Dunkin Donuts (sorry J) if they got ready in time. Well they set a record getting ready and we had plenty of time to enjoy some donuts and each other's company before the three of them went to school. It was a great daddy and daughters outing!

Here's hoping (praying!) for more of these good times and less of the stressful ones!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ate what? Bad Robert Bad!! "If you were my dog, I'd smack you on the nose" :)

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home