Thursday, October 14, 2004

Early Midlife Crisis?

I'm not sure what to call it, but I'm starting to enjoy watching sports. Before becoming a father, my spectator involvement consisted primarily of watching pro football on Sundays mainly as an excuse to nap the day away. Now I need the naps more but can't justify the time. Anyway, I recently went to a Va Tech football game and liked it so much that I'm going to another one this weekend. I've also found myself watching the playoff series between the Yankees and the Sox (I don't really care who wins - it has just been fun watching). And best of all, I love G&M's soccer games, cheering on their team and getting caught up in the excitement of their little league games.

I'll know I'm in full crisis mode when I start following NASCAR... (I would kinda like to go to a race, just for the experience)

At least I'm not only a spectator. Two years ago I was basically a couch potato. Now I run, bike, lift, play sports (ultimate frisbee, racquetball, dodgeball), even do yoga occasionally. I guess I shouldn't be too concerned about this latest change. What's the expression, "change or die", guess change is good. Sure beats the alternative :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jilian said...

Martinsville is Oct 24, only a two hour drive, ah but you will be running in DC. Now that I know NASCAR is on the list we will include it on the 05 schedule :)

You should take up coaching G&M :)

9:23 AM  
Blogger ML said...

Yeah, I hope in two years I am doing all that stuff also. Change is good, especially the kind of changing like being more active. If you do start following NASCAR and being obsessed with it, I agree that is the time to really take stock of your life. For some reason, I don't really understand watching a car race, all you really need to do is watch the last 10 laps and then the highlights of the crashes, however, I know there are a few that would disagree with me on this point.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Rex said...

Don't Die. Glad you are physically back into things. I was a couch guy for a while, till you and a few others made me run. Now i am going out of town for things like Ultimate Frisbee tournaments! Crazy. Thanks for the encouragement. As for NASCAR races, I've been to a few and it definatly is an experiance :)

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home