Monday, May 02, 2005

My little runaway...

Sometimes a change of scenery can really help improve your outlook - that definitely was the case this past weekend in Nashville! While I hated being away from my family (especially since I'm away so much with work), the weekend really was a much needed boost. Here are some highlights:
  • Traveling with my sister and her husband - great conversations that helped make the trip go quickly
  • Dinner Friday night - incredible food, getting to know some of the new folks in the group, reconnecting with old friends
  • Marathon - finished 6 minutes faster than last year, incredible energy from making connections with fellow runners and the crowds, great sense of accomplishment, giving it all I had physically and mentally, helping friends and family celebrate their accomplishments as well (way to go everyone, sorry I wasn't waiting for you at the finish sis)
  • Guiness - the post race Guiness always tastes so good - congrats to Monica for almost finishing her pint! Thanks Joel for creating this tradition!
  • Cookout - even if the weather wasn't good enough for us to enjoy the great outdoors, the second annual cookout at the Messina's was incredible. The hospitality, food, Chris' beer, and fellowship were just what my weary body and mind needed. Plus I was able to get the secret of the ribs!
  • Post race activites - great times with good music and friends. Just wish we could have found some good late night pizza. I was happy that I didn't get any Kitty Twitty titty twisters! Enjoyed seeing Jilian getting to see and hear her country music crush. If they end up opening a Coyote Ugly in Blacksburg, I know a few local ladies that could tend bar/dance there based on their performance Saturday night.
  • Social violence - Monica, get help before it is too late :)

Came home to celebrate Haley's birthday!!! My baby is now 4 - how did that happen?!?!? We had fun at Chuckie Cheese and then enjoyed some ice cream cake at home. Perfect end to the weekend...

2 Comments:

Blogger ML said...

Maybe my goal for the next race should be to finish an entire pint of Guiness, forget training to increase my time. I'll train to be able to handle the Guiness. Hmmm, I don't think anyone got a Kitty Twitty special. Maybe that will become my new "weapon" in social violence!!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Jilian said...

Great review :) Congrats on your time!! I think I need to get in on this post race guiness :) Sounds like you weekend had the perfect ending!!

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home