Thursday, April 28, 2005

The politics of dancing, the politics of ooo feeling good

I don't talk about my politics very often - I really don't like conflict and much political discussion deteriorates rapidly into Crossfire - so it might suprise some of you that I was a political science major. I continue to be very interested in politics - one thing I miss about living in DC is the aura of politics that permeates everything up there. All of this is just a very long preamble to recommended reading for others of you who might want to keep up with the world of politics but may not have the time to read all the national papers. I really enjoy Howard Kurtz' on-line columns on www.washingtonpost.com. He quotes and comments on stories from papers around the country and I feel he does so in an even-handed way (but that just might reflect a bias that we both share so I don't recognize it). Anyway, it helps me stay informed and cut through some of the extremist rhetoric favored by both parties.

I head to Nashville tomorrow for my third Marathon! Really looking forward to spending time with friends and cheering my sister on as she completes her first marathon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the suggestion Robert! Yeah I feel like the only news I get is MSN Main web site and politics is just mentioned OH so often. I enjoy knowing what's going on with politics too so I'll try to start checking out this column. Thanks!

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robert,
Come on, you love conflict. I would even say that you thrive on conflict.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home