Friday, March 24, 2006

I'll do anything for you to see you smile

So, early this morning I heard Haley yelling "Mom" and some other unintelligible words from her bedroom. I went up to check on her and asked her "What's wrong, sweetie?" She said, still sleeping, "Mom is making us wash our faces before Ziggy kisses us!" Ziggy is our short tailed cat (you may recall the story behind his short tail from a much earlier post). Haley was very upset and confused by the whole concept of having to clean up before being kissed by a cat.

I snuggled with her and she settled down. Then after a few minutes she stirred again and shouted out "You're in MY spot!" I asked her, "What do you mean?" And she said "That's where I sleep, you are in my spot." So I got up and started getting ready for work, having been put in my place by my lovely daughter - at least she gave me one of her priceless smiles as I was getting up to leave.

Eminem / Mockingbird

3 Comments:

Blogger Nastanis said...

I'm with Haley...no reason to clean before cat "kisses"! However, I'd advise her in tonights dream to just clean and avoid kissing the cat.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Joel said...

:)

6:14 AM  
Blogger Rex said...

Dude, she's turning into Monica!!!

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home